Sales can certainly be a grind, and I’ve seen many talented sales reps burn out after years in the industry. But this doesn’t have to be the case.
To feel truly fulfilled working in sales, you must first understand the impact that your are making on your customers business and lives. This starts with the belief that selling is helping.
Here’s a few tips to shift how you think about your sales career:
1. Identity the impact your product or service makes on your customers. What problems can you solve and how do you make their lives easier?
2. Write down a few of the top questions you can ask your prospects to determine whether they are struggling with the challenges you solve
3. When asking these questions, practice active listening and empathy. Put yourself in their shoes and get curious on what their world looks like. Dig deep if you find a challenge and ask about the impact they has on their business.
4. Don’t try to sell anything yet. Spend most of your time simply getting the full scope of what their current world looks like. Your prospects should be doing 90% of the talking and your job is simply to listen until you determine whether you can help.
5. If their challenge is a fit for your product or service, you won’t need to sell. Focus not on the product or service itself, but rather on the outcomes which your company can deliver. This will minimize any need to “close” the customer because they will see that you listened, understood their business, and will be very eager to see how you can solve their challenges.
6. Show them how you can take them from point A to point B, and share success stories from other customers is who experienced similar outcomes.
7. Ask for the business and measure their success afterwards.
With this approach, it’s much easier to feel fulfilled in knowing that selling is helping
#salessaturday #saturdaysales #sellingtips #salestraining #accountexecutive #sellingishelping #ilovesales #softwaresales #salespro #ian365 #gosellsomething #lovewhatyoudo #loveyourjob