Who all love quick & healthy breakfast for their busy mornings?
I honestly love eating breakfast which primarily has to be nutritive and tasty. This is something I tried for the first time and it turned out pretty good. You can prepare this batter in the night and get the super quick breakfast ready in mins. The moong dal that I have used here is not the green one (with chilka) but the yellow one(without chilka). Also feel free to add veggies of your choice, just make sure they are finely chopped.
Scroll down for the recipe, save it and try it tomorrow morning.
Follow @flatter_platter_ for more updates. Use #foodiefp for feature.
Moong Dal Toast
1 cup Yellow Moong Dal
1/2 cup Onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup Carrots, finely chopped
1/2 cup Capsicum, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
A pinch of Asfoetida
1 tbsp Ghee/Oil/Butter
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 tsp Chili flakes
Few Brown Bread Slices
1. Soak moong dal in enough water for half hour. Grind to form a coarse paste.
2. Add onion, carrot, capsicum, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, asafoetida, turmeric and salt to make batter for toast.
3. Grease the pan, spread moong dal batter on one side of the bread slice, sprinkle sesame seeds and chilli flakes and cook on tawa from spread side on low medium flame
4. Cook till crisp from both sides.
5. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.