Can you teach your logical thinking child to be more creative?
According to research, yes you can!
To clarify, if your child is more of a logical thinker, it’s nothing to despair over! Thinking logically helps us analyse situations, solve problems, set goals and make rational decisions.
However, creativity matters too! It gives us the ability to explore different perspectives, develop originality, think beyond limitations and find imaginative solutions.
So, how can you encourage creativity in your logical thinking child?
Try these 8 tips:
1. Encourage them to question ‘facts’ with ‘Why’, ‘How’, ‘When’ and ‘Where’ questions
2. Teach them multiple ways to solve every problem
3. Encourage their curiosity about the world
4. Discuss art, literature and music with them
5. Talk to them about interesting, unusual or strange phenomena
6. Engage them in creative games and activities
7. Show them different ways of doing something; e.g. creating art with food
8. Ask them to tell YOU a story
Do you have any more ideas to encourage creativity in children? Share them here!